Hayduke's Tool Boxes and Handbooks
The Ruckus Society: Training camps for Direct Action activists! Focus and Mission: The Ruckus Society is committed to making other environmental activists and their campaigns more effective. Our staff has over 50 collective years of experience in strategic and technical areas that determine a campaign's success or failure. This expertise includes assistance and or training in:
- Strategy, tactics and structure at both the organizational, campaign and event levels.
- Non-violent, direct action planning and coordination including public demonstrations and other ways to raise a campaign's profile.
- Technical assistance and training in such areas as sampling, electronics, communications and the effective use of computers and on-line research in campaign work.
- Grant writing, canvass programs and other forms of fundraising.
- Media relations and support - specifically, making campaigns more visible through effective use of the press.
The Ruckus Society is a non-profit California corporation and has received its tax exempt 501(c)(3) status from the Internal
Revenue Service. We organized in October of 1995. Since then, we have trained hundreds of activists and have assisted dozens of
organizations, large and small.
The Ruckus Society Training Manuals
- "Agitate + Aggravate + Educate
+ Organize": Saul Alinsky's Thirteen Proven Tactical Rules for Radical Organizers
- Reveille For Radicals: Lessons From the Life of Saul Alinsky a Sermon by Rev. John E. Gibbons
How to Sink Whalers, Driftnetters, and Other Environmentally Destructive Ships by Dwight Worker
- Guide to Lock Picking
- Road Raging: Top Tips for Wrecking Roadbuilding
- The genetiX snowball Handbook for Action - A Guide to Safely Removing Genetically Modified Plants From Release Sites in Britain
- The Campaigners' Computer Maintenance Mantra by Paul Mobbs firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic Civil Disobedience and the World Wide Web of Hacktivism: A Mapping of Extraparliamentarian Direct Action Net Politics by Stefan Wray
- Paul Mobbs' Free Range Activism Website A tremendous archive of writings and links on organizing strategy, genetix, the Wise Abuse movement and much more! Check out this site!
- Adbusters Culture Jammers Headquarters
- Artactivist.com Home of the Hexterminators, fabRAGE, Artists for Responsible Genetics, and more!
- New York Times Congressional Access Guide: E-mail addresses, phone numbers, committee appointments, it's all here if you want to get ahold of Congress members.
- How to e-mail anyone in the U.S. Forest Service
- Alternatives To Old Growth:prepared by the Rainforest Action Network
- Jim Britell's Usual Suspects: Political and organizing strategy.
- Activists' Center for Training In Organizing and Networking (ACTION Center)
U.S. Citizens Mandate for Climate Stabilization and Community Well Being. Written to stimulate thinking and discussion, not as a final word on the matter. Prepared for Climate Action NOW!
Last updated August 26, 1999