We've got The Nighttime Gardener's Guide for you to printout or download and copy. "A guide for the shy gardener in North Amerika," it will help you nontoxically remove noxious weeds, of whatever genera, from your bioregion with just a one-time application of these time-tested techniques! (posted May 17, 2000)
Hayduke Rocks! receives communique from Maine anti-GE saboteurs (arrived August 21, 1999)
- Communique From the California Croppers, July 27, 1999 In the early morning darkness of California's central valley, two seperate actions were taken to
fight the deadly scourge of genetic engineering. One group, known as the Lodi Loppers, attacked a comercial crop
of DeKalb's Round-up Ready corn, the activists were able to destroy approximately one acre of this heinous
In a seperate action a group known as the Cropatistas laid waste to just over one acre of Seed-Tech's Round-up
Ready corn.(July 27 and 28, 1999)
- Germany's second-largest supermarket chain, Rewe, to Go GE Free (July 30, 1999)
- Greenpeace Gets Gerber to Go GE Free (July 30, 1999)
- Lord Melchett, 30 others mow down Maize field: British Lord initially denied bail for the offense! (July 26, 1999)
- South Hesse, Germany Greenpeace Activists harvest Bt-Maize which threatens butterflies (July 20, 1999)
- Greenpeace warns that genetically-engineered Bt-maize threatens 100 European butterfly species Greenpeace
calls upon multinational chemical companies producing GE-maize like Novartis, Monsanto and Pioneer to recall the
already commercialised varieties of Bt-maize in Spain and Germany and demands that the European Commission
immediately bans the release of these varieties. (June 15, 1999)
- 400 decontaminate in Oxfordshire, England The uprooted rape crop was modified by agrochemical company AgrEvo to tolerate its herbicide "Liberty". (July 18, 1999)
- German youth get German Nestle's Butterfinger to go GE Free (July 16, 1999)
- Vermont water tower banner says NO to Monsanto! (April 22, 1999)
- More Genetically Engineered Crops Uprooted in Scotland (April 16, 1999)
Genetix Snowball "a campaign of non-violent civil responsibility," features their test site decontamination training manual, Handbook for Action
- BIOTECHCENTURY.ORG Jeremy Rifkin and the Foundation on Economic Trends' biotechcentury.org website
addresses the many environmental, social, economic, and ethical issues
raised by the biotech revolution. You will find up-to-the-moment
information on all biotech-related topics, as well as a global calendar of
events, a breaking issues hotline, and links to other organizations engaged
in the biotech debate.
- Greenpeace International Genetic Engineering site: No genetic manipulation of nature!
- Greenpeace International True Food campaign: The True Food campaign aims to ban GM food, phase-out industrial farming, and
promote organic food. This website will tell you about the issues and how to get
involved in the campaign - not just in terms of the food you buy, but through action to
set a proper agricultural agenda.
Cremate Monsanto! story at DAMN
'Cremation Monsanto' Press releases (November 28, 1998)
Global Pressure Builds Against Monsanto Update on Operation
'Cremation Monsanto' and the global uprising against Monsanto, by Ronnie Cummins, in two parts from In Motion Magazine (November 9 and December, 1998)
Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI) RAFI is dedicated to the conservation and sustainable improvement of agricultural biodiversity, and to the socially responsible development of technologies useful to rural societies. RAFI is concerned about the loss of genetic diversity - especially in agriculture - and about the impact of intellectual property rights on agriculture and world food security.
- Terminator Technology by Monsanto Greenpeace page
- At Paul Mobbs' site: The Data Centre's Genetic Engineering section of great links and references
- Campaign for Food Safety: The Campaign for Food Safety/Organic Consumers Association deals with issues of food safety
and genetic engineering and tries to promote the growth of organic and sustainable agriculture
practices -- both in the US and globally. CFS/OCA provides information, interviews, and
background material for journalists, news organizations, and public interest activists worldwide.
Our campaign strategy consists of a variety of tactics including public education, targetted
boycotts, grassroots lobbying, litigation, progressive media and public relations, activist
networking, and direct action protests and media events.
- Totnes Genetics Group GMO Cropbusters in Australia.
- GeneWatch U.K.
is an independent organisation concerned with the ethics and risks of genetic engineering. It questions how, why and whether the use of genetic technologies should proceed and believes that the debate over genetic engineering is long overdue.
- Northeast Resistance Against Genetic Engineering (NERAGE)
Ag BioTech InfoNet covers all aspects of the application of biotechnology and genetic engineering in agricultural production and food processing and marketing. Our focus is on scientific reports and findings and technical analysis, although the site also covers emerging issues of widespread interest, developments in the policy arena, and major media coverage.
We offer a road-map to the wealth of resources on the Internet where interested individuals can access original documents and more detailed information from a variety of sources.
Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy: The Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy's mission is to create environmentally and economically sustainable rural communities and regions through sound agriculture and trade policy. We assist public interest organizations in coalition building and influencing both domestic and international policymaking through monitoring, analysis and research, education and outreach, and information systems management.
- The International Center for Technology Assessment: Holding technology Accountable!
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Genetic Engineering Network One of the
most exciting things about the wider campaign against genetic engineering is the number of groups active on varying levels.
While some groups are working on the animal welfare side of genetic engineering, others are working on the patenting of
life. Some want complete bans, some the labelling of GE products and others moratoriums, while others are simply
concentrating on raising public awareness.
It became apparent that all these groups needed to establish some common ground and exchange information in order to be
as effective as possible. The other need was for information to get out to the general public in order to inform and enable
them to become actively involved. The Genetic Engineering Network (GEN) was set up in early 1997 to achieve these aims
and exists as a clearing house for information.
- London-based genetics e-mail list: firstname.lastname@example.org, archive Extensive and direct action oriented
There is a new searchable GE list archive server available.
This site has been established to suppport discussions about genetic engineering and to provide information intelligible to non scientists.
At present decisions are being taken which are influencing society and environment worldwide:
New crops are being planted and products derived from them are being sold fraudulently (without labels and risk information) on the world market.
Huge areas are being invaded by newly designed organisms: organism whose long term effects to ecosystems are unknown and which can never be
brought back if there are adverse effects. Patent laws are being issued making plants, animals and parts of the human body the property of single persons and companies.
The new colonization of the nature and the human body isn't an issue restricted to scientists and multinational companies.
- Pulling the Plug on Frankenfoods by Don Ogden. A Native Forest Network article.
- Artactivist.com Home of the Hexterminators, fabRAGE, Artists for Responsible Genetics, and more!
Seize the Day: To celebrate Monsanto's 60 year contribution to humanity, English folk band "Seize The Day" present a moving musical tribute, launched exclusively on the web. Hear the single "Food 'n' Health 'n' Hope", where you
can hear for yourself the true "Monsanto Story", uncoloured by prejudice or
hysteria. If you like what you find, and would like to share the experience with other like-minded people, feel free to make a link to our web-site, or
copy the song and distribute it, copyright free.
Last updated August 23, 1999