PETITION FOR LOCAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION OF THE BOMBING OF JUDI BARI
Please circulate as widely as possible.
PETITION FOR LOCAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION OF THE BOMBING OF JUDI BARI:
We demand an official, local, impartial Mendocino County investigation into the bombing of Judi Bari because:
- The confession of the "Lord's Avenger", written by someone who described the bomb's construction in exact detail, announced that the bomb was set in Mendocino County, a crime in this county's jurisdiction.
- Nine years after the bombing no one has produced any evidence that Judi Bari or Darryl Cherney had knowingly transported the bomb, nor has any evidence come to light that the bomb was planted anywhere but Mendocino County as stated by the Lord's Avenger.
- The bomber, or bombers, is still at large, presenting a threat to public safety in Mendocino County and elsewhere.
- There is no statute of limitations on attempted murder.
- Private investigations have turned up important evidence about the circumstances surrounding the bombing and require the context of an official investigation and a framework within which this new evidence can be presented and recorded.
- Mendocino County Sheriff Tony Craver and District Attorney Norman Vroman have given their word to several County residents concerned about the case that they (Vroman and Craver) would each assign an investigator from their respective departments to look into the evidence on the case - but so far no investigators from either department have been named.
- Numerous witnesses, private investigators, and journalists have declared their willingness to cooperate fully with an official, local and impartial investigation, and these resources should be given the opportunity to present the evidence.
- The likelihood of eyewitnesses still available and yet unknown who may shed light on the bombing case, we ask that a privately-funded reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the bomber be posted.
- The Sheriff's department plays a central role in criminal investigations in this county, while the District Attorney's office decides whether the evidence merits a prosecution, we ask that Sheriff Tony Craver notify the public which deputy or detective he has assigned to accept evidence in this case.
- When this evidence has been collected by the Sheriff and turned over to DA Vroman for possible criminal indictments, we call on the Mendocino County Grand Jury to make this case a part of their oversight.
- Numerous theories about the bombing case have been advocated, including: a criminal conspiracy on the part of the FBI, the timber companies and religious right-wingers; also, the possibility that someone close to Judi Bari may have committed this crime; we ask that all the working hypotheses be considered impartially and without bias on an equal and fair basis on the merits of the evidence.
- The public has a right to know the answer to the question, "Who Bombed Judi Bari?"
If you agree, please print out, sign, and send to:
Earth First! Media
P.O. Box 324
Redway, CA 95560
Do you want to Help yet?
Back to David Chain index
Back to What's Up with Headwaters?
Back to Hayduke's EF! MAN